Monday, June 21, 2004

Presidential Biographies

Just started reading Ulysses Grant's Personal Memiors, probably the best presidential autobiography ever written and a great piece of american literature regardless. If Grant truly was a drunk, you couldn't tell it from his clear, elegant writing style. I am fascinated by the times in which Grant lived - the Spanish-American war, the Civil War, pre & post war Western expansion, plus one of the most corrupt administrations in US history. I can't wait until Abe Lincoln makes his entrance. And you can read it on the web for free!

What got me thinking about that book is the media fury around Bill Clinton's new book. I love it when the Left eat their own young. I wonder how many people buy it solely to find out what he says about Monica Lewinsky? I'm guess it's at least half, the same as for Hilary's book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home