Monday, July 19, 2004

NiN drives your id

Here is a link to tweaker who worked on the soundtrack to Doom 3 after Trent Reznor dropped out :-( Considering tweaker is an ex-NiN, the apple hasn't fallen far from the tree. Reznor did the soundtrack/fx for Quake, which I consider some of the best sound to ever grace a computer game. The music still creeps me out, and the fx still sound fresh and in your face, considering they have been recycled for every Quake game of the last 8 years!

Tweaker's blog has got some nice songs on it, including a hard version of weezer's hash pipe. The Doom 3 theme song kinda disappointed me, it was a little bit too "ordinary" from all the other atmospheric hard metal out there.

UPDATED: Here is Reznor's take on why he didn't do the sound work on Doom 3. Sounds like it would have been incredible. I blame id for the fuck up, although I have no reason for it, just a gut feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home