Saturday, October 09, 2004

Obsessive Mac Review

Wow. If you are a PC user and ever really wanted to know about the little details of using a Mac, check out the "review" over at Anandtech. This is an exhaustive review of OS X compared to Windows, and goes down to the fine detail of individual applications (like Outlook vs. Apple Mail). For the most part, I think the reviewer hit the nail on the head with everything. The hardware is over-priced and MS Office is incredibly slow on a Mac, Safari is slow, but most everything else is improved and much easier to use. I own a PC and a Mac, and I use my Mac for everything but playing games. It's so much easier to use for surfing and email, and the iLife apps like iPhoto, iTunes, iDVD, etc are absolutely amazing. In fact, I would say this computer has actually improved my life in some small amount. It also has made me a little bit stupid-er, cause it handles much of the details for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home