Saturday, January 15, 2005

Cedar Fever and Online Dating

I returned to Austin just in time for a game of football with the guys, and got a nice cracked rib for all my wanton fun. To add illness to injury, I've come down with Cedar Fever, along with half of Austin, which is basically a cold caused by allergies gone insane. You know that itchy throat feeling you get from a bad cold, where you want to cough and hack all the time? Mix that with chest pain everytime you even think of air and you have a steady feeling of slowly choking to death. Sadly, the pollen in Austin is so horrendous I am wondering how long I can really last in this town? Let's hope for the best.

Hopefully that first subject scared away most of you, because I have a confession to make. I had my first online dating experience this past week. That's not the big news, this is: astonishingly, miraculously, inexplicably, even magically, I believe I hit jackpot on my very first try. This girl, L, is smart, beautiful, and totally-down to earth. She's got eyes that make me go weak like a 16 year old. The conversation doesn't flow as easily as I'd want it to, but that seems to be due to sincere nervousness more than incompatiblity. I hardly know her but here's to what I do know! Let's hope for the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home