Saturday, July 31, 2004

Moving

Sorry about the lack of updates (not that I need to apologize, or that anyone reads this page other than me) but I've been moving this whole week. I'd have a link to pictures of my new apartment, but Apple's pathetic .Mac servers are down right now and I can't post to my other website. I'll add a link as soon as I can.

So I used to live in Hyde Park, which is in central Austin just north of the UT campus. Quite a beauitful place with lots of big trees and old houses, more families and grad students than right next to campus, but still just minutes from downtown. My old apartment looked kinda like Melrose Place, not that I've ever seen that show, but all the apartments facing in on a tiny court yard with a couple of palm trees and a pool barely big enough to lie down in. The railing were all old wrot iron and very atmospheric. The best part about the place was that everybody knew each other, I felt like I had some family there.

My new place is on the north edge of Austin, right where growth kinda splits in two directions, so I'm reasonably close to everything, yet my huge porch over looks a huge ranch without a building or city light to ruin the view. It's a standard large-complex cookie cutter apartment, otherwise, maybe a little short on the closet space, but it has lots of windows and is generally a huge improvement over my old apartment, which had windows like a dungeon, high and small. A train goes by once a night at about 10, but nothing that is too disturbing. And right across Parmer Lane is my job, Apple, so I'm in no-traffic-heaven.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://imizcagl.com/sqzp/vrct.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://vrcskkwx.com/gtpo/emmi.html]Cool site[/url]

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://imizcagl.com/sqzp/vrct.html | http://ctfmugfl.com/srbr/rykq.html

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home