Monday, December 27, 2004

Worming Your Way into Apple

No, I'm not referring to myself or anyone I know who works at Apple Austin. I'm talking about a new article on Wired.com about an Apple engineer who got fired before his special project was complete, and how he snuck in to work for 6 months to finish it, convincing other non-fired employees to test and document it, and even paying other contractors out of his own savings to help him. The app? The Graphing Calculator. It ships as an OS 9/Classic app, and will ship with Tiger as an OS X native app.

Just goes to show you the incredible spirit at Apple and how corporate red tape can sometimes work against that. I once talked to an employee at Microsoft's Apple division, the people who write the Mac version of office, and they have some of the same rebel spirit, wearing T-shirts that say "I Don't Do Windows" in the heartland of Win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home