Wednesday, August 11, 2004

HL2 and Doom 3

Just got Doom 3, and I gotta say the game does not live up to the hype. The gameplay is too repetitive, and the only emotion the developers can inspire in me is that cheap shock fear, like in a haunt house. Granted, the game is terrifying, but lacks any depth whatsoever, and while the story is a huge improvement for id, it's nothing we haven't seen before.

Half-Life 2 is the game I'm really holding out for, and it looks like it will arrive any day now. Here's a quote from the developers: "ust got out of a review meeting. 8/11 the Cafe's turn on (tomorrow). 8/16 CZ/ATI users pre-load. 8/18 CZ/ATI turns on. 8/17 HL-2 pre-load starts (textures, audio and other stuff that doesn't change)." What I'm thinking this means is that pre-purchasers can download the bulk of the game on the 17th and avoid the mass rush when the game itself is released. ooooh, I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home